Fun Summertime Activities in McConachie
After a very long and cold winter, summer is finally right around the corner!
As Edmontonians, we deserve to make the most of this gorgeous weather! In celebration of June, we wanted to highlight some of McConachie’s residents’ favorite activities to do in and around McConachie during the summertime months:
- McConachie was designed with the lifestyle of active families in mind. With interweaving pathways throughout the community, it is the perfect place for walks, bike rides or jogs. The community has many parks, natural areas, and open green spaces to accommodate leisure activities and organized sporting events. So grab your frisbee and get outside to enjoy the weather!
- Catch a late night flick at the Manning Town Centre Cineplex! Manning Town Centre is just minutes away from McConachie, making it very accessible to catch the hottest summer blockbusters!
- Cool off at the Clareview Community Rec Centre’s aquatic centre! The facility offers a leisure pool, a 25m pool, a children’s pool, a warm water teach pool, diving platforms, a steam room, and of course a waterslide!
- With school finishing for the summer, entertain and educate your kids at the Clareview Library. The library offers public computers, free wi-fi, children, teen and adult reading areas.
- Have you ever tried a bacon milkshake? Now is your time! Grab a late night milkshake at Manning Town Centre’s Five Guys! They are open each night until 10 pm!
- Escape to the North Saskatchewan River for a relaxing afternoon of fishing. The North Saskatchewan River is one of the most popular fishing spots in Edmonton and offers an incredible amount of diversity of fish such as trout, sturgeon, and pike. A great local spot to cast your line is in Dawson Park, which is just a 15-minute drive from McConachie, near the Strathcona Science Park, and the Dawson Bridge.
- Hit up McConachie’s local Original Joe’s patio to indulge in a refreshing beverage and some delicious food! Located in Hollick Kenyon shopping mall, they offer a killer happy hour. Check out the menu here.
- Tee up at Hunters Green golf course! This 18-hole, par-72 course is great for both beginners and devoted golfers and is open to the public year round. The course is just a 10-minute drive away from McConachie! Click here to book a tee time!
- Bring your game face to the courts! Check out Londonderry Fitness and Leisure Centre’s outdoor tennis courts to channel your inner Roger Federer or Serena Williams. For more details on Londonderry Fitness and Leisure Centre check out the link here.
With many options for everyone, we hope you make the most of your well-deserved summertime in McConachie!