March 19 2021
6 Reasons Why McConachie is the Perfect Family Community
1) Community Schools:
– McConachie offers many great options for parents to choose from when selecting a school for their child. Located within walking distance of the community is Edmonton Christian Northeast Campus K-9 (1.8km), Dr. Donald Massey School (1.6 km) and Christ the King (0.4 km), and over 29 other schools just within a 5 km radius.
2) Outdoor Family Fun:
– Within McConachie, we have 4 parklands including the Pilot Sounds District Park and the McConachie Park playground.
– Cy Becker Spray Park is located just minutes from the community and is a great spot for kids to enjoy in the summer!
– Manning Village Dog Park is located right off Manning Drive and is the perfect spot for your dog to run around off leash.
3) Family Friendships:
– According to the 2019 Edmonton Municipal Census, the majority of residents in McConachie are 30-34 years old, followed by 35-39 years old – typically this is the age range in which people tend to raise their families in Alberta. Having neighbours who are also parents will give you the opportunity to bond together and ultimately make lifelong friendships. Not to mention all of the friends your children will make playing at the park!
4) Community Safety:
– Any parent would agree that community safety is one of the most important factors when considering which community to raise a family in.
– McConachie is protected by the Northeast Division police station, located just off 50th street NW and served by the Pilot Sound Fire Station #30 located just minutes from the community.
– Additionally, McConachie is proud to be a part of the Horse Hill Community League. The league supports Edmonton Neighbourhood Watch by directly running a neighbourhood watch program within our community. This initiative focuses on making communities safe through crime prevention and education. Visit Edmonton Neighbourhood Watch to learn more.
5) Nearby Amenities:
– Shopping and restaurants are located across the street at the Manning Town Centre! This plaza even features a movie theatre and more!
– Get all your family’s grocery needs at Sobeys at Hollick Kenyon Landing, located just minutes from McConachie.
– McConachie is proud to be home to the McConachie Public Library located off of 50th Street NW. Residents can enjoy easy access to recreational and sports facilities, including the Clareview Recreation Centre, three baseball diamonds, seven soccer fields and more!
6) Easy Accessibility:
– McConachie directly accesses Anthony Henday, making it easy to commute anywhere within the city or Fort Saskatchewan.
– McConachie is served by the ETS route 195, which goes to the Clareview LRT station. The Clareview LRT station is on the Capital Line that travels from the north to Century Park in the southwest. This line offers easy access to nearly anywhere in the city! The Clareview LRT station hosts Park and Ride facilities with 1372 stalls total and reserved carpool parking for those wanting to park and ride.
We invite you to discover this family friendly community for yourself! Learn more about our homes here. Thank you for reading our blog and stay tuned for more to come! Follow us on Facebook to stay up to date. Have a great weekend!