March 27 2019
Spring Cleaning in McConachie
It’s spring! Let’s clean!
Snow is melting and the birds are chirping; spring is in the air. For many of us, with this sense of renewal comes the desire to roll up our sleeves, spiff up our space and clean. Marie Kondo, goddess of tidy, says “I approach spring-cleaning as an expression of gratitude to the belongings that had made my winter comfortable and the initiation of a new beginning in myself.”
As homeowners, cleaning can bring a sense of pride and literal stress reduction. Here are a few things you can do to refresh your home as the days get longer and warmer.
- Swap out your flannel sheets for cooler bamboo or cotton.
- Time to put your sweaters in storage and put your shorts back in your drawers (yay!)
- Wash your mirrors and windows.
- Wipe down the walls and ceilings.
- Dust your ceiling fans and light fixtures.
- Wipe down baseboards.
- Clean and dust your electronics and cords.
- Wash your curtains/window treatments and your furniture upholstery.
- Deep clean carpets and rugs.
- Clean out your refrigerator and freezer and give them a good wipe down. Pop out the drawers and give them a soapy bath.
- Give your oven a deep clean.
- Empty and wipe down your kitchen cabinets and drawers.
- Clean and dust surfaces throughout the house.
- Sweep, vacuum and mop all floors.
- Move your furniture and make sure to sweep and vacuum behind.
- Pull cushions off couch and chairs and vacuum.
- Give everything in the bathroom a deep clean.
- Throw your kids’ plastic toys in the dishwasher and stuffies through the laundry cycle.
- Rotate your mattress and give the bed a vacuum when you pull the mattress off.
- Run your washer empty with bleach or a washing machine cleaner.
- Wipe down your outdoor furniture with warm, soapy water, then spray them down with the hose.
- Clean out any debris from your downspouts. Make sure they’re draining properly.
If you need inspiration for how to make your space work harder for you, check out one of our showhomes. There’s more information about our builders and viewing times here.